Wednesday, October 1, 2008

From solid to sludge.

My innocent better half,Kira,

I was toying with the idea of writing to you to tell you what has been on my mind for quite a while, but I have been apprehensive as I know that it will hurt your feelings. As I look in the mirror I feel compelled to tell you, that I cringe as I start to see the destructive damage I have subjected you to. When I close my eyes, I can picture you a year ago, smooth skin like melted vanilla ice cream, a slender body that could wear a latex suit without a long top covering your thighs, that girl should have been wiser and if you ever get a chance to do things over, this advice is worthwhile as it is from age old wisdom. I am not saying that you should not go out; by all means paint the town, let your hair down, swig a couple tequilas, do body shots, but follow the correct precautions, which will nurture your body in the long run.

In the mirror, I see black rings that highlight your eyes, from the late nights out in the Rat and Parrot, your skin resembles that of a gherkins exterior, from the fast food take-outs at four in the morning, the balls of your feet are swollen from the continued dancing at Friars, you look like you have feet of a 90- year- old calloused granny. Your throat is scratchy and you sound like a R100 an hour prostitute, that’s from those long drags on your tobacco fix and the countless number of boys you kiss each night. "Why, you could be a tranny, for heavens sake." Your stomach bulges over the top of your jeans, like a marshmallow being shoved between two Marie Biscuits, "have you secretly given birth to twins?" Unfortunately you have no excuse, the first year spread is a result of your friend who lives in the pit of your stomach and bellows, "feed me BP pies and chocolate."

When I close my eyes I begin to smile, thinking that you still have that glorious skin and slender body that you possessed last year, but when I opened my eyes I saw the truth. You should use this knowledge to respect yourself more. If you ever get another chance to relive your youth, I suggest that you should use this information.I apologise if my words have offended or hurt you, but please know that it was done with your best interests at heart.

Yours forever,
always staring back at you,
Your reflection, Kira.x o x o x o

No comments:

Post a Comment